Monday, April 25, 2011

The Gist: Hello everyone! I am reporting from San Diego, Calif., where I am taking a brief vacation. I just recently went to Pokéz, which has excellent vegan Mexican fare—it was delicious. If any of you have any other restaurant suggestions, I'd love to hear about them!

We have now finished Vegan's Daily Companion by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, which was a fun and light read, and a book that is definitely a keeper. I look forward to going back and trying out the recipes and various tips! We will begin our discussion of The Bond by Wayne Pacelle next week, beginning on Monday, May 2—pick up a copy from the VN Store if you don't have one already.

The Discussion: Here are two discussion points to help get the conversation started. I look forward to hearing from you!

1. What is your favorite book by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, and why? If not this one, why not?

2. Have you tried any of the recipes from the Saturdays and Sundays? Which ones, and how were they?

The Assignment: Please read the Preface, Introduction, and Part One of The Bond for our discussion on Monday, May 2.

~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's other books, so by default, this one is my favorite. After reading this book, I definitely want to check out her other stuff!

    I haven't had the chance to try out any of the recipes yet, partly due to being limited on funds for groceries at this time. When I have a little more money to spend on food, I plan on trying out some of the recipes for sure! I'm also planning on expanding my pantry by adding some new beans, grains and vinegars to try!

    Being a part of this book club was so wonderful, and I really enjoyed reading Vegan's Daily Companion with all of you! Now I'm looking forward to reading The Bond (once I receive it in the mail from Amazon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone,

    Thanks for your comment, Amy D! I look forward to discussing The Bond by Wayne Pacelle next week as well.

    I also look forward to reading more discussion, and I'll be wrapping up on Friday.

    ~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only book of hers that I have is Color Me Vegan, and please please please either borrow it from your library or buy it if you can fit it in your budget. The photos are seductive, the food is really delicious, and a lot of it is cheap too! What more could I ask for?

    ReplyDelete