Friday, June 3, 2011


The Summary:  Good morning everyone! We are now at the end of our first week of reading Fear of the Animal Planet by Jason Hribal. We received a couple of comments, which I appreciate, and next week we will be discussing the next chapter of the book. I hope you enjoy it! 

This week, I first asked your thoughts on how when animals were put on trial, and treated in the same way as other people on trial. Both Amy D. and Victoria who commented had mixed views. It is hard to picture animals being put trial in a court of law, and I'm not really sure of my feelings on the matter as well. One could say that the animals were more equal back then, but at the same time, animals are different than human beings, and obviously did not have the ability to defend themselves. It is quite an interesting topic of discussion, and one that I have already brought up in my personal group of friends.

I then asked what you think of Hribal's writing style, and seems that both Amy D. and Victoria like it so far. I do agree with Amy D. regarding Hribal's tendency to digress from his subject quite often, but his digressions are usually pretty interesting.


That wraps things up until our discussion on Monday. Have a great weekend!

~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig

No comments:

Post a Comment