
The Summary: Happy Friday everyone! First of all, it seems that Blogger has been experiencing some problems, so unfortunately, some of our discussion has been removed, but we hope they will be recovered. It was a really good discussion, in which we mainly talked about Michael Vick, and how Wayne Pacelle came to the decision to work with him in HSUS' campaign against animal fighting, and whether we agreed with his decision or not. I also brought up the fact that since Vick's release from prison for his dog-fighting ring, he has been allowed to play in the NFL once again, which was very upsetting because playing in the NFL is a privilege, and one that Vick should have lost. We definitely had some heated comments regarding these issues, which totally makes sense. The situation with Vick was very upsetting for many, and not just animal activists. As we all know, animals that are more domesticated—dogs and cats in particular—are regarded very differently than other animals. When the violence of Vick's dog-fighting was exposed, it definitely struck a cord with most people—it's very hard to fathom that type of cruelty.
I want to thank everyone again for participating in this week's discussion, and sorry once again for the maintenance issues with Blogger. I look forward to our discussion next week, in which we will be talking about the next two chapters of The Bond.
~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig
I want to thank everyone again for participating in this week's discussion, and sorry once again for the maintenance issues with Blogger. I look forward to our discussion next week, in which we will be talking about the next two chapters of The Bond.
~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig

No comments:
Post a Comment