
The Summary: Greetings from Chicago! Yes, I am away from cold and cloudy San Francisco and in hot and sunny Chicago for the VN-sponsored Veggie Fest. Maybe I'll see some of you here!Whew! The conversation was really going for the first week of reading Skinny Bitch—I appreciate all of the participation. When I asked about the tone of the book, there was complete support of its straightforwardness, and many even said that this book was the reason they became vegan. I went vegan before the release of the book, so when I read it several years ago, I mainly skimmed the "vegan" parts, because for me it was preaching to the choir. I did not realize how much of an effect it has had on people who are not yet vegan.
I then asked for you to share the things you have given up beyond animal products, including coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, and sugar. And boy, you guys are healthy! Sugar seems to be the number one thing that readers have cut back on, which I find impressive. The feedback was great, and it's really given me some motivation to cut back on some of the bad stuff—well, at least sugar!
I hope you guys enjoy the weekend, and I'm excited about chatting with you more about Skinny Bitch!
~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig
Oh, I'm glad you are getting such good feedback on this site. Even if I haven't read a book, I plan on looking at people's comments. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete