Friday, August 13, 2010

The Summary: Happy Friday everyone! We are getting into the Skinny Bitch groove this second week of August, where we've been discussing chapters five through eight. The chapters were mainly diet focused, specifically on veganism, so that's what we talked about.

I first asked about how you felt about eating lighter to heavier meals throughout the day, having primarily fruit in the morning, vegetables mid-day, and a more filling dinner. A lot of you said that you eat fruit for breakfast along with something a little more substantial, like protein powder or granola. And most of you do enjoy a heavier meal in the evening.

I then relayed from the previous week's discussion how a lot of you mentioned that this book convinced you to go vegan, and I asked what aspect helped sway you the most—the factory farming or the health benefits. I also asked if you found the information on factory farming a shock. The factory farming aspect is what swayed you most, although a couple of you did mention that health and environmental concerns did play a role in your switch as well.

Changeintomule brought up an issue which I hope to talk about probably in the last week of this month's book club—the focus of the book on being skinny. I look forward to talking about this subject later in the month!

I hope you are enjoying the next three chapters of Skinny Bitch, and I look forward to discussing them with you next week. Have a great weekend!

~VN Book Club Hostess Lyndsay Orwig

BONUS: VegNews.com is holding a giveaway of an autographed copy of Skinny Bitch along with a signed copy of the 2008 Veggie Awards Issue of VegNews. Be sure to enter today!

No comments:

Post a Comment